Bulldog Field Equipment, LLC is located in Roanoke, VA and was started by Chad and Cathy Kropff in the summer of 2011. The Kropffs have a combined total of over 45 years of sports business experience. They strive to produce innovative, time-saving, and reliable products and equipment to help groundskeepers reduce their equipment and labor costs along with the stress that comes with that. The couples' English bulldog, Fester, was the inspiration for the company name. Fester was part of the Kropff family for over 14 years and his strength, loyalty, and caring qualities are what the Kropffs have built their company on.
Chad Kropff, President/ Co-Owner
- Works full-time as the sports turf and outdoor facilities manager for the Virginia Tech Department of Recreational Sports.
- An active member of the Sports Turf Managers Association (STMA) and Virginia Turfgrass Council (VTC).
- In 1996 recruited to be on the opening Sportscape team at Disney's Wide World of Sports (DWWS).
- Promoted to sportscape manager in charge of the Atlanta Braves spring training fields, and all DWWS baseball, softball, and youth fields.
- In 2000, head groundskeeper for Baseball City, the spring training home for the Kansas City Royals.
- In 2002, Chad and his wife, Cathy, relocated back to his hometown of Salem, VA to be closer to family and worked as the sports fields maintenance supervisor for the Roanoke City Parks & Recreation.
- In 2007, joined the Botetourt County Parks & Recreation team as the maintenance supervisor.
- An independent sports fields contractor with Brinkman Sports Turf and travels twice a year to help renovate and prepare fields for international major league baseball events such as the World Baseball Classic in San Juan, PR and the World Baseball Cup in Amsterdam.
Cathy Kropff, Vice President/ Co-Owner
- In June 2014, promoted to director of Hokie Wellness at Virginia Tech. She is also an adjunct professor at Virginia Tech for the Department of Hospitality & Tourism.
- Member of the National Intramural and Recreational Sports Association (NIRSA), serving as the chairperson for the NIRSA National Marketing Institute for four years, committee member, and as a judge for the Creative Excellence Awards committee.
- Member of the College Communicators Association of Virginia and the District of Columbia (CCA).
- Director of publications and ticket sales for the former New York Yankees' Double-A teams - the Norwich Navigators and the Albany-Colonie Yankees.
- Received her undergraduate degree in Physical Education/Sport Management from the State University of New York College at Cortland in 1992.
- Completed her master's of science in Education in Health and Physical Education at Virginia Tech in July 2010.